Tuesday, 19 April 2011

More Rebs and Brigade command stands.

I have completed the 25 figure (500 man) Reb unit. 5 bases of 5 figures, I like the way JR2 uses a standard 5 bases with different numbers of figures, but it does rule out using other rule sets. I then decided to improve my command stands for brigades as you can see. I doubt that I will take this project beyond the Division per side stage as I want to follow up with Peter Pigs excellent AWI range.

Following up with a 25 figure Union regiment next but I'm also working on terrain items, more of that later. 150 figures painted so far so its going well.

(Note: the terrain tile is 25mm scale, I use it for my photographs which are taken in my 'light box' under a mixture of warm white and daylight 'blue' bulbs).








6 comments:

  1. The positioning for the Brigade stands is well done. They are great mini dioramas. Great looking armies so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Josiah for the comment. I did take time to think about positioning on the brigade command stands. I'll probably add a few more figures when I get to the Divisional command stands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee - these guys are terrific - a joy to behold!

    Digression topic - somewhere (was it on another blog?) I think you had some notes on ACW DVDs you thought were very good - in fact I think there was a link to a clip or two. I'm very interested in this stuff - any chance you could publish a short list of recommendations?

    If I imagined it all, then apologies - too many brain cells down the toilet.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tony,

    I apologise for the delay in replying. I'm not sure if you are referring to the 125th anniversary re enactments that were filmed and made into a series of documentary films (on VHS)? I have a couple still and they don't seem to be available on DVD anywhere. Very watchable and well made. If you have the means of viewing them (VHS video player) I'd be quite happy to let you borrow them. They were ordered from the States and were never available over here that I know of. I have Gettysburg and Spotsylvania and both are very good.

    Regards,
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee - many thanks for the offer of the VHS stuff - at present I don't have any means of playing them, but will look into that and get back to you.

    This may just be dementia, but I thought you had a link to a clip of an ACW film on your old blog - young officer leading infanty unit in attack on a defended position, I think. If not, then don't worry - I'll be OK after my medication.

    Very impressed with the job you've done on the Peter Pig figures - excellent.

    Cheers

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee - definitely the last word on this! - I found that the clip I was thinking of is the start of "Glory" - if it wasn't a link from your blog then it was someone else's. Problem solved - I don't like to be defeated by the grey mist!

    Cheers

    Tony

    ReplyDelete