Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Cornfield, take 3 !

I'm preparing a longer post discussing the various sets of ACW rules that I have used over the last 20 years or so, but in the meantime I'm still painting and getting started on building fence sections etc. I made a fence to surround my cornfield, and I trimmed down all the 'corn' bases so that they could fit closer together, I THINK it now looks acceptable, but I'd love an opinion or two on this? Should the corn be more yellow? Should I just bin it and find something closer to stands of corn?

I have on order a fair bit of scenic materials, various flocks, clump flock etc including some really good dry straw/ wheat flock to make a couple of wheatfields, this is an aspect of the hobby I really enjoy and I will shortly be making my road and stream sections, again using various flocks/grits/static grasses etc. Makes a change from endless painting of Blue and Grey/Butternut.

Pics: A battery of Union guns being urged on by the brigade commander deployed on the edge of THAT cornfield!






2 comments:

  1. I think they look great! I'd be proud to put them on my table. If I had to make a suggestion I'd say that I'd like a little less grass on the bases so the dirt is showing through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee - I think the cornfield is better with the square bases and looks pretty realistic, particularly in the low level shot. Looking forward to seeing more!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete